Chicago Anesthesia Malpractice Attorneys
Representing Illinois Victims of Anesthesia Malpractice
Anesthesia, be it general or local, is used in nearly every surgical procedure. While anesthesia is considered to be both safe and effective at blocking pain, anesthesia errors may occur, oftentimes resulting in serious medical complications, including coma, heart attack, stroke and death.
Anesthesia errors can occur for a number of reasons, but, in most cases, anesthesia errors are the result of medical malpractice. If the anesthesiologist, doctor, nurse, or other health care provider fails to administer anesthesia according to the appropriate standard of care, he or she may be liable for any injuries, lost wages, and pain and suffering that the patient experiences as a result of the anesthesia error.
At Cogan & Power, P.C., our Chicago medical malpractice attorneys have considerable experience representing the victims of anesthesia errors and other types of medical malpractice, including surgical errors and diagnostic errors. We have a proven track record of success, with many notable verdicts and settlements, including $3 million for the family of a 7- year-old boy who died of respiratory arrest after doctors performed conscious sedation on the boy in conjunction with a lumbar puncture.
If you or a loved one has suffered an anesthesia error schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our knowledgeable Chicago anesthesia error lawyers.
Injuries Caused by Anesthesia Errors
The injuries that can result from anesthesia vary depending on the type of anesthesia used, the nature of the anesthesia error, and the medical response provided following the anesthesia error. Some of the most common injuries caused by anesthesia errors include:
- Tracheal damage
- Lack of adequate oxygen supply
- Cardiovascular injury, such as heart attack or stroke
- Birth defects
- Brain damage
Common Anesthesia Errors
Anesthesia errors can occur for a number of reasons, but they are frequently the result of medical malpractice or negligence. Some common anesthesia errors include:
- Incorrect anesthesia dosage
- Adverse reaction to anesthesia
- Harmful drug interaction between anesthesia and other medication
- Delayed anesthesia delivery due to vaporizer leakage
- Delayed anesthesia delivery due to IV errors or other administration complications
- Failure to correctly intubate
- Failure to properly monitor a patient
- Failure to recognize complications
- Failure to respond to vital alarms or turning off alarms
- Improper or negligent administration of oxygen during surgery
- Communication errors before, during or after the procedure
- Prolonged sedation
- Defective medical equipment
Skilled Anesthesia Error Lawyers
The Chicago medical malpractice attorneys at Cogan & Power have considerable experience advocating on behalf of victims of medical malpractice, including anesthesia errors. We are committed to getting you the compensation that you need and deserve and will vigorously fight for your rights in a court of law. Our vast experience handling medical malpractice cases allows us to provide exceptional legal advice effectively, efficiently, and compassionately.
You may also be interested in these related pages:
- Chicago Hospital Error Attorneys
- Chicago Nursing Negligence Attorneys
- Chicago Emergency Room Malpractice Attorneys
- Chicago Surgical Error Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been affected by an anesthesia error, contact the Chicago anesthesia error lawyers at Cogan & Power at (312) 436-0731 to schedule a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you recover for your anesthesia error through a medical malpractice claim. If you cannot come to our offices in downtown Chicago, we will come to you. And because we take cases on a contingency basis, you will not pay any fee unless we get you compensation.
“Cogan & Power treated my family with great respect and in a delicate manner.”- Anthony V.
“The outcome was stupendous and they did a great job.”- Marcie E.
Great firm who get great results.” - Michael H.